September 11, 2008

I'd Like to Thank...



These are the rules for The Smile Award...
1. The recipient must link back the the award's creator
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must chose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted by Mere.
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.

Characteristics for the Smile Award...
1. Must display a cheerful attitude.
2. Must love one another.
3. Must make mistakes.
4. Must learn from others.
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world.
6. Must love life.
7. Must love kids.


The creator of this great award is http://www.thebabblingsofmere.blogspot.com/

My blogger buddy Missy nomimated me for this reward...and really got me smiling. Thank you Missy at http://partyofmany.blogspot.com/ for continuing to be a breath of fresh air at the end of every day!! Her amazing photography of her beautiful sister Paige reflect love, kindness and joy in life. We so enjoy watching the adventures of Paige...the smiling, dancing and love of life...it's how it should be. Thank you Missy for sharing this!!!

So...it is my great pleasure to forward this award to others that make my heart smile every day. Drum-roll please....

Jessie @ http://www.ourlittlerileygirl.blogspot.com/
is a blogger buddy as well as a friend at work. Her wicked laugh always brings a smile, her realistic view about situations "keeps it real" and her love of motherhood has been soooo much fun to see. She has an absolutely adorable baby named Riley...just into crawling, solid foods and all of the adventures of babyhood. Riley wins the "cutest cheeks" award. Thanks Jessie for making me smile everyday at work!!

Shana @ http://www.waitingforsophie.blogspot.com/ is an inspiration to me on so many levels. First and foremost her dedication to her children. Sophie Lu - the cutie - is from China. Speaking of photogenic!! And Oliver is the most handsome little boy from Guatamala....eyes that will steal your heart and an absolute love of his Daddy. Shana now has the wonder of a 3rd addition - Sasha Lili. As lucky Shana as you think you are to have her as your daughter - she's as blessed to have you as Mom!! And then there's Shana's creativity - just amazing photography. She captures the dearest of moments. And finally her overall warmth and sense of humor. If I need to smile I just go to Sophie Lu's Starbuck's video and laugh until I cry!! Congratulations with all my heart on the new addition Shana!!

Yoho Family @ http://www.twocrankycats.typepad.com/ . The Yoho family were with us in Jiangxi when we met our daughters for the first time. We've been watching the antics of Miranda as she's been growing up...and the latest excitement with her starting school. She has the sweetest little face you've ever seen and the BIGGEST SMILES! And the love of parenthood is just plain obvious. She is definately their 3rd Muskateer. I so appreciate being able to share experiences with families that have traveled to China...a unique and special connection. Thank you Yoho family!

Stacie @ http://forzoey.blogspot.com/ . I have to send a HUGE thank you to Stacie for starting me on this whole blogging thing. Being behind the times with this stuff I really didn't realize what it was...and then I saw her site. I have to say though...it's pretty easy for her to have a blog that brings smiles considering her model - Zoey. Zoey is a gem! She is the most athletic little monkey - full of spunk and energy. We were fortunate enough to have met this family as well in Beijing and go through some of the initial joys and shocks of parenthood - for which I'll ALWAYS remember. I hold no grudges that both Stacie and Kellie were in far better shape than either George or I and bounded up the Great Wall as we crawled!! Thanks for bringing smiles - Maddie loves seeing what "Zozie" is up to every day.

And my final HUGE thank you goes to Danielle @ http://blogsbydanielle.blogspot.com/ ...the designer of my blog. I've so enjoyed having a colorful place to go to put my memories and thoughts and to connect with other families. Danielle not only is an artist...but also a philanthropist. She has given back to numerous places including some dear to our heart in China. And she is absolutely creative in what she does. Take a peek if you need a touch-up or complete make-over for your blog. It's a place I go to and smile to see adoptive families waving their flags of being forever families (or on the way) in a beautiful setting! Thank you Danielle for all you do to bring smiles to so many!!

5 comments:

missy said...

I am so glad you replied to your award : ) You are so deserving and I am glad we have "met". You are a dear!

Happy weekend to you, my friend!

MellyJ said...

Thank you so much for the kind words! We LOVE to see Maddie growing up before our eyes (but not to fast). We feel like you're a part of our extended famiy.

Gillam Family said...

Thanks Kelly! You make me smile too! I don't know what I would do without laughter at work. Life is too short to take it so seriously :) Thanks for always being a great friend!

Stacie said...

THANKS kELLY! You are so sweet! I cannot believe how fast it is going can you? I loved the photos in the last post... it is just amazing to me to see what a fish Maddie is. I am so glad you captured that on film!

I will try to keep this alive.. i am notoriously bad at this but i appreciate the "award"!!!

Shana said...

Kelly,

Thank you so much for the award and your kind words! You are too sweet- you made me smile!!!

Big hugs to you!!!
Shana :)