August 05, 2011

Shark Week and Kindergarten


We've been addicted to Shark Week this week - she has decided she wants to go to False Bay and knows what a "Polaris Breach" is. And...since "hypothesis" is her word of the week, has a hypothesis about everything having to do with sharks. "My hypothesis is that they need a really big tooth brush and a lot of dental floss", "My hypothesis about why they like seals is that they taste good to them - but not with ranch dressing", "My hypothesis is that if a human is fat like a seal he might be eaten by a shark", "My hypothesis is that we need sharks so shouldn't use shark nets because they help our world and keep things clean in the ocean but I shouldn't wear a black bathing suit in the ocean in case it thinks I'm a seal". She's had one hypothesis after another all week. This week she's contemplating wanting to go into the ocean in a shark cage...so out came a big box for her and me to get into a pretend to fend off the sharks, train the sharks and feed them by hand. She informed me that we weren't prey..."What is prey?" I asked and she just told me the definition of prey - "something that is hunted to be dinner...but not like tuna in a can or the burgers at In and Out". Good to know.
And....we are getting ready for kindergarten. She just asked me how to spell "official" - and told me it means "you are very good at what you do and in charge of it". I wonder what kindergarten will bring if we're at this level before it. I'm a bit scared.

No comments: