May 13, 2009

Mother's Day & Gotcha Day

Click to play this Smilebox postcard: 5/13/07 - Gotcha Day
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox postcard



Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: 2009 - Gotcha Day
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox

Make a Smilebox slideshow

An important anniversary in the lives of adoptive parents - Gotcha Day...the day we first saw, held and began to know our daughter Madison. Every day we love her more, every day we are more inspired by her goodness, every day in awe of her wit and sense of humor and every day is gift. She's grown so much.

At present, we are appreciating her gift for gag. Phrases like "that's a good idea", "I'm an Incredible", "When I was a baby in Chbna...", and "I have Super Powers".

She LOVES The Incredibles. Is still having fun with Sydney and Emma at school - but now also Julianna and the 2 Logans. Arts and Crafts can be done all day. And...heres the kicker...my daughter who's been in time out twice in her life and has NEVER thrown a temper tantrum CUT HER HAIR!!!! She put herself in time out twice...once at our house after I said "Tell me you didn't cut your hair" and once after she was at her Poppa's...she walked solemnly in and without me saying a word said "I'm sorry Poppa...I cut my hair" and marched herself into her bedroom and put herself in time out again.

Below are pictures of "The Hair" (which I've saved as blackmail for the future) and our Mother's Day. Rexaxing Day of swimming, gifts and going to Shane's Rib Shack for a fun meal with Maddie's Poppa.



Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Mother's Day - 2009
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

2 comments:

Stacie said...

i am just waiting for z to do this- and can't believe it hasn;t happened yet. that is hysterical that she put herself in timeout. you lucky dog.

Jennifer said...

Love the Gotcha day pictures!!!

Jen