May 05, 2009

5/5/07 - Off To China

We boarded a plane to Hong Kong 2 years ago. Has it really been 2 years?? San Francisco was like Little China for me. Which little girl would Maddie look like? How would George like China? What kind of Mom would I be? What did I forget? I remeber going throught the documents and counting our money repeatedly. At the airport we did a money exchange in preparation for the taxi in Hong Kong. After such a long wait it was hard to believe it was real. I cried. Poor George...I'm not normally like that.

Smooth flight. They gave us noodles for a snack. For some reason this stood out for me. People on the flight were offered chopsticks or forks. I tried to read but couldn't. I think I was in shock a bit that we were actually on our way. We flew north by Alaska, Russia and down by Korea to Hong Kong. Due to land 5/6/09 at 6:30pm.

The Universe does funny things with scheduling. May is a huge month for my family. Today is also the anniversary date for my sister and brother-in-law. This is a hard day for my sister who's husband died and I think about her and wish her strength every year this day.

No comments: