December 07, 2008

Preparing for Christmas

Exhausted from all of the light-hanging
The yard is in great shape for winter
Nostalgia...as a little girl on Bell Wood Drive in San Marino...I used to have a huge lemon tree. I'd sneak out at night and fall asleep in it's enormous branches. Aw the smell. I've had a lemon tree in each house I've lived. It's lovely to see Maddie appreciate this pretty tree.

Picasa Mosaics...I need practice!!
We're having so much fun this year. Maddie really understands the concept more than last year of the holidays. We have the tree up...lights outside (still a work in progress...very tough with cactus)...and Maddie is practicing what she'll be saying "next to Santa" since at this juncture she's adamant about not sitting on his lap.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Adorable pictures of Maddie. Love that lemon tree! The weather and your yard look heavenly. It was 28degrees last week here in PA.

Jen