November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008 - Part I

"You Will Clean the Plates!"
My niece Meichele & her cutie Declan

The Girls - Maddie, Irelyn & Kinnley
My awesome nephew Colin
Smart & Loving...great combination!



My Sister Sherry leading the kids in a getting to know you game

My sweet sister Sherry...none of this would have happened
even remotely as well as it did without her...
"Declan is my favorite baby"

Always the apple of her eye...her Poppa
Ryan & Kinnley
Kinnley & Irelyn



What can I say but THANK YOU to all of you who came and helped out for this feast and family reunion. I loved seeing you all...and wished we all could have spent more time together. So...we have some awards to give out...
For the Best Roast 2008 - My Brother Mark...who can always be counted on for pitching in and not just helping in the kitchen but also always making the most mouth-watering tasties. One class shy of being a chef (he boycotted pastries I believe) he is amazing with what he can create. And soooo patiently working in a sub-par kitchen :) I love you Mark and appreciate your help...as always.

For the Best Sweet Potatoes 2008 - My Niece Meichele...who couldn't herself into a little frenzy before she got here and then promptly spent the remainder of the trip in bed with the flu. You weren't there to see people go back for 2nds and 3rds...but it happened :) DELICIOUS!
For the Best Pecan Pie 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, etc. as well as helping to make the whole day by letting us pretty much borrow her entire house (including that awesome ping pong table) DeeAnn. Thank you again and again for all of your help... and to Mike for helping tote it all over despite an atrocious ear-infection. We both appreciate you both for your help and cheerfulness about it all. DeeAnn...my family so enjoys you from your warmth and sense of humor to your laid back, can-do attitude. They all wanted to make sure you knew how much they enjoyed you and look forward to seeing you again. Oh...and I can't forget your mushrooms. I slipped your Dad one and he didn't even notice! Eee-gads they were good!

For the Best Guitar Hero Singer 2008 - my cousin Greg. I haven't seen Greg since we were in high school...so funny how all that time can pass...but he arrived and it was like no time had passed at all. Thank you for coming, pitching in and letting us get to know you. I love you and am so happy we're back in touch. Any business trips...you have a bed! I'll even do some cooking the next time! We love you Greg!
For the Best Sense of Humor 2008 (as always) - my husband's son Ryan. Ryan is an amazing member of the household. Witty beyond words and keeps all chuckling. No one can meet Ryan without immediately liking him. Ryan...by brother is so looking forward to getting to know you even more. Thanks for lending us the TV!! Next time though we'd like the really big one!!
For the Best Baby-sitters 2008 - My nephews Colin (aka Pink Butterfly as he was dubbed by my great niece Irelyn) and Michael (aka Lion King Boy as dubbed by my daughter Maddie) and George's granddaughters Lauran and Kyra. All I know is that all little ones weren't being trampled on. Thanks for keeping an eye on them!! Colin...Maddie is still oohing and awing about your reading of the Lion King and Michael...she's talking about a puzzle the 2 of you did.
For the Co-Planner and Wine Provider 2008 - My Dad. Thanks Dad...great minds think alike. The wine grew exponentially!! And...it added soooooo much to the evening. Thanks for listening to me think out loud...a lot :) I love you Father!! And...as always...thanks for being the Poppa with the Mostest. Maddie is crazy about you!
For the Best Cornbread Casserole 2008 and overall being my rock - My sister Sherry...who I could never thank enough for all you've done through my life. I love you sister more than words could say. The casserole was AWESOME!!!! Maddie loved having you bunk with her...she missed you last night. Don't worry about the dish...she's all excited about making you another Sister!! Thank you for your unwavering support, humor and love. Let's start planning a spring visit.
For the Best Boys Club 2008 - Colin, Greg, Michael & Keith...what more can I say?? What's said in Phoenix stays in Phoenix :) I wish for you all a lifetime of closeness, understanding & friendship.
The Cute Crew 2008 - Irelyn, Kinnley, Declan, Rylan, Kael & Maddie. As always fun to watch the kids...Rylan is growing up to be a young lady and was just so sweet for all. Kael and Irelyn hit it off...2 peas in a pod. Kinnley and Maddie are only a month a part...so fun for both to spend time together. And Declan...the easiest going little monkey - he just turned one. Despite an allergic reaction to something that turned him red as a tomato...cheerful and hot to get outside!
The best Nurse Worse 2008 - Ryan - Meichele's husband - who played nurse to Meichele and the consummate Daddy. Wow!!! Loved seeing you Ryan...hope you feel better soon too.
And...last but not least...The Best Co-Pilot - My George. I'm so glad we're spouses, friends, supports and all other things to each other. I love you husband. For better or worse, turkey or no turkey, rare or dry...

No comments: