September 28, 2008

We're Getting There







All I can say is I can't move. We've managed to paint our rental...I have paint in places I dare not mention. I can't lift my arms above my shoulders. But...the blasted rental property is about to go back up...and hopefully will be re-rented soon. Dust buffalos galore! And to top it off...we had our first scorpion in the house. I've lived in Arizona for more than 20 years and have never had a live one in the house. Yep...live and little - the worst kind. Being DEATHLY afraid of them...I put Maddie on her bed just in case it decided to run through the house, put a glass bowl over it...and then got my hairspray. Yeah...hairspray...to make them move less quickly...better yet...not at all. And there it laid stuck to the floor for 2 hours until George got home and handled the rest. Oh yes...I also put a REALLY heavy book on the bowl for good measure. YUCK!!!!!!!!!

We managed to squeeze in some dress-up time and fun with her pup Angus. And then ended our day like any other lately...playing back to back games of Maddie's "favorite game" Hungry Hippos. She squeels with delight. We play it about 5 times nightly. It's the whole "jungle" business alive and well. Her old "favorite song" Tom Dooley has been put to rest and replaced by "Keep Trying" by Barney. All I can say is that I just didn't want that scorpion to "keep trying".

5 comments:

Deb said...

LOL! Great story! Nothing like a spiking a scorpions hair to disarm him with humility!!!!! I once hear of a gal who had a stray cow in her back yard that tried to scare it off with a fork! LOL
Thanks for visiting my blog, love meeting new people!
Your daughter is beautiful.

Ronda said...

Oh-your Madison is so adorable. I have a Madison too, although she is 18 and attending college.

I hate scorpions-we have lived here for 10 years and have only seen 2, but they were dead already.

So glad to meet another AZ mom-what part of AZ are you in? I am in Gilbert.

Kerry said...

Oh so glad that your work in almost done. Best of luck with getting it rented.

We love Hungry hippos here too!

Stacie said...

these are hillarious photos- esp the panties on the head.

I remember the scorpions at my cousins in Tuscon- they were bad. we had to turn our shoes over every night.

z loves hungry hippos too- we have the little travel one as well!

Michelle said...

Thank you for taking the time to leave a little note on my blog. Your daughter is gorgeous!

My sister lives in AZ ... small world!