July 19, 2008

Blast from the Past











I remember summer days in San Marino, California...the buzz of bugs, the breeze, climbing my lemon tree in the backyard...and hours spent doing arts and crafts. Dad brought home some rubber molds when I was about 4 or 5...I've had them ever since. It was nice to put them to use this weekend during a sleepover with Kael and Rylan here...Maddie completely jazzed about that. Swimming at night is also a hoot...Rylan does a mean handstand. Maddie has me shove her to the bottom of the pool head first - does a handstand and then holds that position as she floats up - all the while smiling and madly waving at Rylan under water.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

That is so funny that Maddie will do a headstand in the water. Zoey always talks a good game about trying one but has yet to do it. I do lots for her amusement- sure not as easy as it used to be. Zoey has started calling me Mom and Mommy on occasion- not sure where it comes from but it sounds so weird to hear her say it- sounds much too old!