July 04, 2008

4th of July - 2008
































I made reference to being a "tree-hugger" and there went
Maddie & Horton - huggin' them all...






Leading up to the old capital
the history of Arizona is inscribed...


A Chinese Cabbage Patch Doll in one of the Antique Stores

One of many Victorian's in the area


Blurry - but you can make out the double rainbow...

We headed up to Prescott for a semi-annual 4th celebration and were rained out :( We spent a bit of time by the original capital of Arizona's mall though and saw a couple of the antique stores we enjoy so much. Maddie took some stunning pictures of Horton. This is her guy...with her now whereever she goes. He was drenched too!! Have to say the rain felt good since we rarely see rain in Phoenix this time of year. So...there for a bit and home to watch the works on TV. Maybe next year!!
On an up-note...we received notice that our court date to adopt Maddie within Arizona/the US is scheduled for 8/13/08. This is the last hurdle - she has her certificate of citizenship, US birth certificate, social security number, her US passport is pending...and finally the readoption will be done!!!

1 comment:

missy said...

Hi!

I just happened to be online when you left such a sweet message on my blog. Thanks for taking time to comment such a kind message.

I love finding new blogs, especially when adorable children are involved : )

I just read your post about remembering your mom and it brought tears to my eyes. We just lost my dad May 23rd unexpectedly to a heart attack.

Your post makes me feel optimistic that the deep pain that I am feeling won't stay with me forever. I can't wait to think of him without crying.

You're always your parent's child and it hurts knowing that one less person in this world loves me unconditionally.

I look forward to following your blog.

Maddie is SO beautiful!