April 26, 2008

Just another day in the Green Household
















Peek-A-Boo!!
=============================================
Our one year mark is coming with Maddie...and in many ways it seems like we've had her forever. I'm glad to have shared with her the milestones we have. She's talking up a storm, runs like mad, gives the dogs what-for...

All a huge change from the bundle we got who would do a move that looked like she had chicken wings and sigh when we first got her...the little one who couldn't walk very well at all...the little one who would point to George and yell "da". Lots of growth and fun times!
I love listening to her practice her numbers - especially the way she says 7 (sesen) and is saying "Amma Amma" for "I going to". Lately it's been "Daddy...where you are?" or "What you doing?". Just a cute little thing.
I have this groovy rhythm and balance between a family I love and a career I really enjoy. My caseload is down...but I've been doing more and more EMDR with kids that have experienced various types of trauma including abuse of all sorts, neglect and death and loss. I love having a meaningful job. I love being a woman who has both home and work. Fortunatley my work schedule is such that I'm at work for 3 1/2 days a week only...and 2 of those days Maddie is with her beloved Poppa.
Happy and good days here all around :)

2 comments:

MellyJ said...

I love Maddie's smile! She always seems so happy. I can't believe it's been almost a year. Your home is gorgeous!

Stacie said...

i love your fire place on the patio!! z's adoption counselor/sw suggested emdr or at least bringing it up to her AT- what do you think??? Is she still to young?

Glad all is well! Thanks for the funny email- i think i saw some of those signs while we were there