February 27, 2008

School Days!


We decided to have Maddie in daycare 2 days a week. We began with her attending a couple of hour in July in preparation for my return to work Aug 1, 2007. The first few weeks were hairy...but by the 4th week she was fine and was insisting on walking in on her own. My School Stud. Fortunately we have found a wonderful daycare called Valley Daycare...she loves it! Her best friends since day one have been Emma and Sydney. Emma is a rascal with light blonde curls...she looks like a cherub. Sydney is also blonde and is Maddie's welcoming committee with big hugs in the morning. So far the arts and crafts activities have been constant...the highlights being painting a pumpkin frame and making her Valentine's Day bag. She's also had fun with the school pictures, dancing, pumpkin patch, parties...and has really enjoyed her teacher...especially Ms. Misty and Ms. Sharon. She can now count to 10 on her own, recognizes the majority of her letters and can tell me some words her letters start ("R" is for red" and is starting to identify her shapes. Above are rotating pictures of school since day 1 I'll be adding to. Ah do I miss my mat and snack time with graham crackers and grape juice.

Her other 2 days are spent with her beloved Poppa...her idol. I'll be doing a rotating pictures frame of their times together. He has been such an integral part of my life...and how I love that he's helping us to raise Maddie.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

I want to just eat her up!!! She is a precious little peanut! I love the one of her cheesing big and sitting with dada on the bench!!!

We have warmed up to 40 degrees today- virtual heatwave.

Stacie